Dullahans no weakness?

"VAs are too strong!" "Evokers are too weak!" "Nerf Kinu!"
A place for all your ideas and woes regarding game balance.
Jupiter_Storm
Novice Member
Novice Member

Re: Dullahans no weakness?

Post by Jupiter_Storm » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:44 am

Mewni wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:30 pm
Then why visit a Balance Fu section of a forum if you don't care for the balancing of things and just shrug it off as it being a RP game? that also a thing you may consider.
Because we do not agree with the proposed changes in this particular instance for the reasons outlined, and the forum does not selectively censor feedback that the original poster does not agree with, nor should it be.
Mewni wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:30 pm
IC perspective is: the players are the very few rare people that can actually tap in a lot of focus, and thus are superpowered beings. the playerbase is literally the "1%" so, no, i don't think Dullies are supposed to be super hard to take down even to the 1% of superstrong people.
They aren't. They are difficult to tackle for roughly 5% of that 1%, again for multiple reasons specific to individual build types, so it's more like 0.05%.

They are also described in lore, to be stronger. So they absolutely should represent a challenge to 'strong' individuals when they number among said strong individuals in the first place.

"The 'body' of the Dullahan does not possess any of the usual vulnerabilities of flesh, but that is not always a benefit. For example, the ability to heal it with natural medicine, or being able to move as quickly."

"Rather than utilizing the energy of life, the Dullahan moves by the force of its soul, and in battle, this strains it to the point of exhaustion. It is very easy for a Dullahan to over-exert themself by not realizing how much power they are using, and so the skilled among these cursed souls often fight at a slow pace; something that inspires fear in their enemies."

"The strength of the Dullahan is spiritual in nature, resulting in a body that is less affected by the weight of its collective."

HexGirlBestGirl wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:20 am
I'm sure this is a typo and all but I really want to point out that i'm 99.99% sure this is not the case as for that's what the entire main suggestion of this thread was. Just in case any thoughts were founded with this in mind.
Dullahans fall into the same category as Ghosts and Possessed. If that ever changed due to an update or was simply an oversight then they absolutely should have it, because that's what they are described to be.

Mewni
Novice Member
Novice Member

Post by Mewni » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:26 am

If such race exists where it should stile fear on others and be stronger than all the other options, then in my opinion it needs to be a special case that only can be made with approval. Having a clear inbalance and making a race that can easily handle the other races, while at the same time having no requirements to play one...

...is just bad.

PantherPrincess
Talkative Poster
Talkative Poster

Post by PantherPrincess » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:36 am

As someone who plays Dullahans, my opinion lies in that yes they are very oppressive and need some tinkering. It's a little overbearing to deal with all the perks that come with their racials combined with a nasty setup. Crit damage mod., poison immune, interference immunity... They don't really have any weakness as FP sustain can now be maintained quite efficiently with items and classes and things like strangling etacof can be shaken off with a tome/req. Losing out on potions, armor types, FP to make every action, and -1 move is a small price to pay for the kind of meta you can build with them. I suggest removing their interference immunity or nerfing it. Lore wise holy weakness does make sense so I agree there as well. They already have so much going for them they don't need to further crack the boundaries.